ACM’s Design of Communication SIG has posted their 2013 conference call for participation. The theme is “Simplifying Complexity.” They’re looking for research and technical papers, project reports, posters, and workshop proposals on these topics:
- How do you identify complexity in an interactive system and simplify it for the people who use it?
- How do you capture complexity in a domain and simplify people’s understanding of it?
- How do you simplify complex person-to-person interactions?
- How social media and new media (rss feeds, analytics, streaming, user-contributed content, mashups, wikis, and blogs) simplify or increase complexity, and social implications of using these media.
- Simplifying the design, development, and delivery of interactive instructional media, including content management, website development and use, e-instruction and e-learning, and technical communication.
- Using responsive design methods and tools to simplify multi-platform issues.
- User research in all of these areas.