A fairly young, intelligent-looking man with long hair asked me whether filming or being filmed could do harm, whether it could destroy a person. In my heart the answer was yes, but I said no.
– Werner Herzog, Conquest of the Useless
Various things that Dragon Dictate has thought I’ve said:
Him him him.
(When I coughed.)
A man with a knife
“Where’d you grow up?”
“We’re growing up right now.”
NYC street photographer Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York is the best photo weblog I’ve found in quite a while. I always feel a little better about the human race when I check out his posts.
Photo above was actually taken on the streets of Cambridge, MA. I assume Stanton is around Boston this week to document the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing.
ACM’s Design of Communication SIG has posted their 2013 conference call for participation. The theme is “Simplifying Complexity.” They’re looking for research and technical papers, project reports, posters, and workshop proposals on these topics:
- How do you identify complexity in an interactive system and simplify it for the people who use it?
- How do you capture complexity in a domain and simplify people’s understanding of it?
- How do you simplify complex person-to-person interactions?
- How social media and new media (rss feeds, analytics, streaming, user-contributed content, mashups, wikis, and blogs) simplify or increase complexity, and social implications of using these media.
- Simplifying the design, development, and delivery of interactive instructional media, including content management, website development and use, e-instruction and e-learning, and technical communication.
- Using responsive design methods and tools to simplify multi-platform issues.
- User research in all of these areas.
Via Amazon.com streaming. Thanks.